Friday, September 10, 2010

Sanford Uni-Ball Gel Grip Medium Burgundy



This one is a little bittersweet for me. I absolutely LOVE, let me say that again, LOVE the color of this pen!  The writing experience, however, could be better. The tip is fine for a medium point, and I am guessing it would be a .5mm. In my experience, that's a fine point, some would say extra-fine but I think that's a stretch. That said, this pen does scratch and skip. I find it kind of annoying, but it's not enough to keep me from using it as the color makes up where it lacks smoothness. Unlike a lot of "craft" gel pens, this one actually has a rubber grip, which is another positive in my eyes. The ink color is a perfect middle point between dark red and dark purple. I love both colors, so it doesn't get much better. I am drawn to dark red pens, but I often find them a brownish brick color, and I don't like that at all. This one was amongst today's Michael's plunder. At $1.79, it is more expensive than a Gelly Roll, but it seems to have a thicker ink cartridge, so hopefully it will last for a while. A little tweaking by Uni and this would be a show-stopper in my book. 


Shay.
ps- I realize now I spelled burgundy wrong, so sue me. I spell grey wrong too, cuz I'm edgy. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for this pen in Forest Green and feel the same way about it.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sad when my green one ran out of ink. The green was so awesome - a deep, dense, very dark, moody green. Impossible to find anywhere else. I have the burgundy one with most of its ink left...they've redesigned the pen (I think it's now called "Signo"?) so this sadly is the last of the Uni-Ball Gel Grips in my possession.

    ReplyDelete