Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sakura Gelly Roll "Metallics"


I have owned these pens before, in the same colors even. I remember liking them a lot. I don't know if I had finer-tipped versions, if there even ever was such a thing. Maybe I was just more easily impressed then. These pens aren't horrible, and I'm sure they'd come in handy for scrapbooking. The problem is, I don't scrapbook. I journal, and doodle, and make lists. Sometimes, I write in my planner. I like pretty pens, and I like unusual pens. I like neat-o colors. That doesn't mean I throw form and function to the wind. I'm not the type to wear a pair of shoes because they're cute if they give me blisters. I like a happy compromise. As much as I want to, I'm not quite getting that from these Gellies. The colors are good, and as advertised: metallic versions of purple, blue, and black. The black ends up more of a dark silver/gunmetal color though. The ink flow on these is WAY too generous. I'd go so far as to say soupy. Goopy. Globby. Just plain yuck. These colors would be good if you could read what you had been writing. These are nice to have around, but I don't know what I'll really use them for. I purchased these individually a while back at Michael's. 
Shay.


2 comments:

  1. Gelly Roll Metallics are good for envelopes. Use your fountain pen ink on the letter; the Gelly Roll on the envelope. Why? I tried the water test. It's pretty good! I don't want to go for the Noodler's Bulletproof inks--afraid I'll stain my clothes forEVer (I wear rayon, cotton, and silk). This is a good alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did this in a letter I wrote the other day!

    ReplyDelete